Key persons: Sam Bankman-Fried
Trading volume (24h): $191,585,884
CoinMarketCap rank: 34
FTX (FTT) facts:
- The exchange was founded by a group of traders specializing in futures trading and OTC cryptocurrency deals.
- A valuation of $25 billion was reached after the last round of fundraising, which took place in October 2021 and amounted to $420 million.
- FTX primary and most significant partner is renowned crypto venture capital fund — Alameda Research.
- One of the main early-stage investors was Binance — the rival exchange. Its stake was bought out for $2.4 billion (!).
- The exchange is also closely connected to the Solana ecosystem, helping blockchain developers launch new tokens. In particular, Serum (SRM) token — decentralized liquidity aggregator — worked closely with FTX (FTT) on the platform design. As a result of this collaboration, FTX token owners received a stake in SRM.
Project objective: Creating the most convenient and efficient platform for cryptocurrency trading.
Current trends and future plans.
In 2017–2018, FTX founders were among the largest liquidity providers and market makers on the crypto trading arena, — that guided company feature development roadmap. Currently, most interesting trading innovations in the crypto market are at least somehow related to the FTX exchange — shares tokenization, leverage tokens creation, exchange interaction with decentralized platforms. According to the ICO_analytics resource, FTX is one of the top five trading platforms with 22 million unique users per month.
Today, the exchange continues to develop its list of services, including margin spot trading, NFT trading (available for US citizens only), its own data platform and custody.